As a director I have worked with a variety of different companies and practitioners in a variety of contexts. I pride myself on being able to adapt to different styles and work out the needs of any given particular piece.
I have worked with small and midscale touring productions, site specific in both in and outdoor spaces.The following are examples of some of my freelance work.
Simon has been a core member of Kneehigh since 2004, originally joining as a performer on the village hall shows Wagstaffe the Wind up Boy and Journey to the Centre of the Earth and the UK touring version of Tristan and Yseult.
Other performing credits include:
Simon went on to become Assistant Director to both Emma Rice and Mike Shepherd on a variety of shows between 2006 and 2012 where he worked closely with the director and performance companies to devise, develop and consequently maintain new shows. He has overseen the restaging and technical rehearsals on shows in venues across the UK, Ireland, USA and Australia.
Credits as Assistant Director:
- Brief Encounter (West End Run, UK tour - 2009, 2010, 2013, 2018)
- Steptoe and Son (UK tour - 2012/13)
- The Wild Bride (UK tour - 2011)
- Midnight's Pumpkin (Kneehigh Asylum run - 2011)
- The Red Shoes (UK tour, Australian Tour - 2010/11)
- Hansel and Gretel (UK tour, Asylum - 2010)
- Rapunzel (National Tour / New York run - 2007)
- Cymbeline (National touring - 2006)
From 2013 onwards Simon became Kneehigh’s Associate Director. Taking the lead onremounting shows and overseeing technical rehearsals and show maintenance.
Credits as Associate Director:
- Tristan and Yseult (Remount / UK tour 2017)
- The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips (Asylum run 2015, National Tour 2016, US tour 2016)
- Brief Encounter (Australian tour 2013)
Simon has also directed and adapted two Kneehigh shows.